Memorial Chapel, Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno
Remembering those who gave their lives in in Great War
Alphabetical listing of all the names on the tablets:
This listing includes all those remembered in the Memorial Chapel, on the Llandudno Roll of Honour, and the Llandudno War Memorial. It also includes those interred within the parish (St. Tudno’s Churchyard and the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery) and who are not on the town’s memorials – a grand total of 235 names.
The biographies of all but eight were completed before Remembrance Day 2016. Additions and amendments will be notified through our Facebook Group.The biographies will be ultimately printed and archived.
- Tour of the First World Graves in St. Tudno’s Churchyard (PDF file)
- The Conundrum of Lionel Graves. A biography of one of the WWI soldiers buried in St. Tudno’s Churchyard. (PDF file)
These pages stem from a project to remember in our prayer those commemorated in our Memorial Chapel on the 100th anniversary of their deaths during or after the Great War.
Originally planned and designed as the “Morning Chapel” a few years earlier, the Memorial Chapel in Holy Trinity Church was built in 1924. It commemorates the war-dead of the town of Llandudno incorporating the same names, albeit slightly updated, as Llandudno’s Roll of Honour (a copy of which is hung at the west end of the church) and the town’s War Memorial (1922). Because the civic town of Llandudno incorporated the Parish of Llandudno and part of the then Parish of Llanrhos, some names are additionally to be found on the Parish of Llanrhos’ War Memorial which is in All Saints’ Church, Deganwy. Many of the names are listed on other memorials and these are given where known.