St. George’s Church was built in 1840 and was closed as a place of worship in 2002. The building is now a business centre but the churchyard remains in the care of the parish. There are a number of Victorian graves and to the south side of the church there is a Garden of Remembrance with plots for ashes.
The churchyard contains a number of fine, mature trees and a mixture of cultivated and wild flowers may be seen around the churchyard, attracting wildlife such as bees and birds. A bench near the Memorial Garden provides a quiet and pleasant place to sit.
In the churchyard this month: crocuses are now in flower.
These are some examples of plants and animals which may be seen in the churchyard throughout the year. Click on a picture for a larger image.
St. George’s Church is a HiPoint. The HistoryPoints project provides information on more than 1000 places across Wales and the information is available via the website and at each location via QR codes which can be read with a mobile phone. Links to nearby HiPoints allow visitors to plan their own historic tours.