Home    |    Holy Trinity    |   St.Tudno's   |    Parish life    |    Bells   |    Contacts
Parish of Llandudno
Welcome         |            History            |            Mustard Seed shop            |              Prayer

Holy Trinity Church, Lllandudno
Welcome to Holy Trinity Church. 

A new parish website is being developed and updates will now be made on the new site.

The church can be found at the junction of Mostyn street and Trinity Square in Llandudno, as shown on the map
The church has bells, a choir, Sunday School, a youth group and a number of other parish groups which meet regularly.  Regular events include coffee mornings on Wednesdays in the church hallDetails of  regular services, clergy and parish groups can be found in the Parish Life pages, while the Calendar and Special Events pages give details of services this month and forthcoming events. 

Cornerstone logoIn 2015 Holy Trinity celebrated 150 years since laying of the cornerstone.  There were special services and events throughout the year.  See the Special Events page for further details. 

Holy Trinity fromthe air

Thanks to David Roberts for the first photograph of Holy Trinity

The church hall adjoins the church.  Holy Trinity has its own "Pay & Display" car park which can be accessed in or out at the rear of the Church, just beyond the church hall.  It is available for use every day of the week, with Sunday mornings being reserved for those attending services and the "Pay & Display" operating from 1pm.

top of page

We look forward to welcoming you to our services and events.

Holy Trinity Church

top of page

The ancient Church of St. Tudno on the Great Orme was the original church of Llandudno, from which the town takes its name, but in 1839 St. Tudno's Church was damaged by a severe storm and it was decided not to repair the church but to build a new one nearer the centre of what was then the village of Llandudno. In 1840 St. George's Church (now closed) was built in Church Walks and served the mainly Welsh-speaking population.  St. Tudno's Church was restored in 1855 and remains an active place of worship within the parish.  By 1860 Llandudno was developing as a fashionable tourist centre and The Church of the Holy Trinity was built in the new town to cater for the English-speaking visitors.  The land was given by the Mostyn Estate and their architect, George Felton, designed the church.  The original part of the church was completed in 1872 and consecrated in 1874.  Today Holy Trinity is the Parish Church for Llandudno

Interior of Holy Trinity Church

top of page

In 1892 a tower was added to the church and a peal of eight bells was installed in 1893. 

The Memorial Chapel (shown here) was added in 1924 and has banners from various Welsh regiments, while the chancel was extended in 1932.

The organ is a three-manual instrument with nearly two and a half thousand pipes. 

The stained glass windows include a series of scenes from the childhood of Christ (in the Sanctuary), the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist (in the Baptistry), Martha and Mary (in the south aisle), Christ in glory (in Christ the King Chapel) and some of the Welsh saints, including St. Tudno (in the Memorial Chapel). 

There are a number of fine carvings in the church, including two Thompson Mice and the unique Angel.  The famous woodworker, Robert Thompson, always carved a tiny mouse as his signature and these can be found on a door and a screen on the south aisle.  The Angel was carved by Handel Edwards from South Wales and within the Angel's outspread wings are are carved scenes and miracles from the life of Christ. 
Memorial Chapel

top of page

Mustard Seed Card and Bookshop

The Mustard Seed shop is at the back of the church and is open except during service times.  The shop sells Christian greetings cards, books and small gifts.  Copies of the Parish Magazine, Holy Trinity Llandudno prayer (see below) and John Horsfield's new book on the history to Holy Trinity are also available here.

Mustard Seed card and book shop

top of page

A prayer
for all who visit Holy Trinity or Llandudno, whether in person or through this website.

Holy and almighty God, yet
Our own Christ and Lord,
Loving Spirit, gentle Dove,
Yea, Three in One Adored.

To you, O Trinity above,
Resounds our song of praise;
In hymns we sing of your sweet love
Now and all our days.
It is our joy and our delight
To worship and adore,
You are our God, our Christ, our Dove,
always and evermore.

Loving Father,
Lord of all,
Accept the prayer we bring;
Nourish us with loving care,
Defend us 'neath thy wing.
Unite us in true fellowship,
Deflect us from all sin;
Night and daytime, keep us safe,
O make us pure within.

Parish banner
Llandudno Parish banner, made by the Banner Group

Votive candle stand

A votive candle stand is situated outside the entrance to the Memorial Chapel.  It is available at service times for anyone who would like to light a candle when they say a prayer. 

For further details, please contact the Rector.

Please use these links for websites with information on Llandudno and the Great Orme  and  events and businesses in Llandudno
Information on other churches in Llandudno can be found on the Cytûn (Churches Together in Llandudno) website: 
Cytûn - Llandudno Churches Together
Information on other churches in Wales can be found at this website:  http://attractions.walesdirectory.co.uk/Churches_and_Chapels.htm 

top of page

Site map                                Web site co-ordinator          Last updated: January 2016