A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.


M

The Great War Project navigation

Overview   A   B   C   D   E   F     H   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   R   S   T   W

 

Thomas Arthur March

  • 796531, Sapper, 5th Canadian Railway Troops
  • Died of illness, 17 October 1917, aged 47
  • Buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery
  • CWGC registered (Mrs FE March, “The Cottage”, Craig-y-don, Llandudno, Wales)
  • Llandudno casualty
    • Not on the Llandudno’s Roll of Honour
    • Not on Llandudno War Memorial
    • Not in the Memorial Chapel, of Holy Trinity Church

Thomas Arthur March was born at Long Buckby, Northamptonshire on 4 January 1870, the son of Thomas March, a chemist, and Fanny Elizabeth March (née Ringrose). The census for the following year records the family living at Market Square, Long Buckby though Thomas Arthur was residing with his grandparents. In 1881, the family lived at 24 Sheep Street, Long Buckby; Thomas (senior) now being described as a hardwareman (employing three men) and Thomas Arthur, a scholar. In 1891, the family lived at 2 Lea’s Villas, Northampton: Thomas (senior) a general merchant and Thomas Arthur, a commercial traveller. On 17 August 1893, Thomas Arthur married Florence Annie Jackson at College Street Chapel in Northampton. They lived at 24 Sheep Street and 61 Bostock Avenue Northampton. The couple had a child, Charles Ringrose March, who was born on 28 November 1894. The Census for 1901 notes that Thomas, a hardwareman’s assistant, was living at the home of his parents, 13 East Park Parade, Northampton. In the same census, Florence was residing with her parents in Northampton as Florence A Jackson and Charles attended a private school at Northampton. The reason for the apparent separation is explained by the couple’s subsequent divorce in 1904 – Florence citing her husband’s adultery and cruelty. Thomas was ordered to pay maintenance for his son of £1 pound per week until his 14th birthday. Florence forsook her alimony because she married Harry Alfred Coales later that year. After his divorce, Thomas Arthur March emigrated to Canada and settled at Simcoe, Ontario.

No Canadian census record for Thomas Arthur March in 1911 has been found though in England, his ex-wife and Harry Coales were living in Abington, Northamptonshire whilst Charles Ringrose Marsh was a drapery assistant in Finsbury. At the same time, Thomas’ widowed mother (Thomas March had died in April 1910 leaving his wife over £10000) and his sister, Nellie Louise Abbott, were recorded at “Roumania”, Carmen Sylva Road, Craig-y-Don, Llandudno.

A curious entry in the baptismal register for St. Giles in the Hill, Camden records the baptism of Charles Ringrose March on 8 December 1911; Charles was described as the son of Arthur (deceased farm merchant) and Florence Annie of 134 Birchfield Road, Northampton.

Thomas March returned to England at least twice, arriving back in Canada in March 1912 and February 1913. His son, Charles also emigrated to Canada, arriving in January 1913 with a destination of Montréal and described as a warehouseman.

Charles was the first of the two expatriates to enlist into the Canadian Expeditionary Force. He attested in March 1915, declaring his mother, Florence Coales, as his next of kin. Thomas Arthur volunteered eight months later on 28 December 1915; he gave his address as Simcoe (Ontario), his mother as Mrs Fanny Elizabeth March of Craig-y-Don, Llandudno, his trade as a farmer and his date of birth as 4 January 1871 – making him 44 and 10 months of age; he was in fact a year older and overage. He claimed to have served in the Active Militia, the 39th Regiment. This regiment, also known as The Norfolk Rifles, had formed at Simcoe in 1866. His service number was 796531 and his unit was the newly formed 133rd Battalion. On 1 May 1916 he was promoted to corporal. and on 1 August to sergeant. The battalion sailed from Canada on 30 October 1916 on the SS Lapland, disembarking in England on 11 November, Thomas being absorbed with the rest of the 133rd into the 23rd Battalion at Dibgate the following day. He was also on the strength of both the 12th and 3rd Battalions at West Sandling before being transferred to the Canadian Railway Troops depot at Purfleet on 6 February 1917. On that day he reverted to the rank of sapper at his own request. On the following day he was posted to the newly forming 5th Battalion CRT which disembarked in France on 27 February 1917.

An index card in Thomas’ record gives three contact addresses: his sister Mrs Nellie Abbott of Sylva Gardens, Craig-y-Don; his son Charles Ringrose March, c/o Mrs Coles [sic], Birchfield Road, Northampton; and his mother Mrs Fanny E March, “The Cottage”, Craig-y-Don, Llandudno.

On 8 May 1917 Thomas reported sick and was diagnosed with suspected albuminuria. He was evacuated to England on 18 May 1917 and was admitted to the 2nd Western General Hospital at Manchester the following day. He was transferred to the military convalescent hospital at Epsom on 10 August where he complained of chest and shoulder pain. Certified free from vermin and from venereal and infectious diseases, he was available for discharge on 19 September and was slated to spend leave at Craig-y-Don. In the event, he was discharged from hospital on 1 October 1917 with a medical category of Ciii being only suitable for sedentary work. Clearly the discharge was premature for on 8 October he was seriously ill in the Balmoral Auxiliary Hospital, Llandudno and dangerously ill the following day. He died on 17 October 1917 aged 47. Though the medical records indicated a diagnosis of albuminuria on admission to the Balmoral (even though tests at Epsom had recorded zero albumin in his urine), the certified cause of his death was pulmonary tuberculosis and exhaustion. The death was registered by his mother F E March of “The Cottage”, Sylva Gardens, Llandudno and he was buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery. When the Imperial War Graves Commission surveyed the cemetery after the war, it reported the grave’s condition: “Grass edge, earth, little attention.” It was later marked with a standard marker with a cross and Canadian Forces maple leaf. Thomas Arthur March wrote a will and left his estate to his sister, Nellie Abbott.

Mrs Fanny March still lived in Craig-y-Don in the early 1920s; she died in 1928 at Colwyn Bay. Thomas March’s ex-wife Florence Coales died at Northampton in 1924. Charles Ringrose March served with the 4th Canadian General Hospital in Salonika and Basingstoke; he married in 1918 and was discharged in England in 1919; he had two daughters, and a son who died in infancy.

NOTE

Thomas Arthur March’s first apparent connection with Llandudno was circa 1910 when his recently widowed mother took up residence in Craig-y-Don. Whilst on convalescent leave at Craig-y-Don in 1917, Thomas March’s condition worsened and he was admitted to the Balmoral Military Hospital, Llandudno which is where he died. Though Thomas could not be considered a “Llandudno Lad”, the fact that his mother lived within the Llandudno Urban District from 1910 until his death should have been considered eligibility enough for Thomas’ commemoration on the Llandudno memorials.

 

James William Marke

  • 139705, Lance Corporal, No 3 Depot Company, Royal Engineers Training Centre
  • Suicide, 4 January 1916, aged 37
  • Buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery
  • CWGC registered (Son of James and Annie Marke; husband of Fanny Louisa Roberts (formerly Marke), of Spring Gardens, Cranborne, Dorset. Born at Hanwell, Middx)
  • Not a local casualty
    • Died in Llandudno
    • Buried at Llandudno

James William Marke was the son of a blacksmith, James William Marke and Mary Maria Marke (née Reed). He was born in Soho, London in 1878. On 4 June 1878, James and his elder sister Maria Mary Marke were baptised at All Saints’ Church, Marylebone; the family’s home address was recorded as 1 Stacey Street, Soho. From 1881 till 1911, the family lived at least four addresses in Hanwell, the last being 83 Clairville Gardens. James William Marke (junior) became a plasterer. The marriage register for Brentford, Middlesex for 1912 records James’ (junior) marriage to Fanny Louisa Bray (née Scutt). Their son John James was born on 17 June 1914.

James Marke enlisted into the Royal Engineers at Ealing, his residence being recorded as Southall. His service number was 139705; a soldier with a consecutive number (706) enlisted at the beginning of November 1915 and was also a plasterer by trade. Both were posted to No 3 Depot Company, Royal Engineers Training Centre, Deganwy. Shortly afterwards, James Marke was promoted to lance corporal.

James William Marke was found dead with his throat cut at his billet at 1 Charlton Street (Evans’ Hotel), Llandudno on 4 January 1916 aged 37. Newspaper reports of time mentioned that James Marke had a family. The register of soldiers’ effects indicates that his widow and child received his back pay of £1/15/5 (£1.77) in April 1916. A later war gratuity was deemed “not admissible”.

Fanny Louisa Marke lived in Acton in 1920 and married Albert H Roberts in Dorset in 1923.

NOTE

James Marke’s CWGC records appear incorrect: his mother was Mary Maria Marke, not Annie Marke and he was born in Soho, not Hanwell.

 

James Alexander McDonald

  • 1687, Private, 59th Australian Imperial Force
  • Died of wounds, 6 October 1918, aged 40
  • Buried at Tincourt New British Cemetery, France
  • CWGC registered (Son of Thomas and Margaret McDonald; husband of Martha McDonald, of 10 Winllan Avenue, West Shore, Llandudno, Wales. Born at Belfast, Ireland)
  • Brother-in-law of Daniel Hughes

James Alexander McDonald, the son of Thomas McDonald and his wife Margaret, was born in Belfast on 22 July 1878. In 1901, the family lived at Castle Street, Dundalk, Co Louth, both Thomas and James McDonald being builders. James McDonald married Martha Hughes, the sister of Daniel Hughes (qv) at Llanrhos Parish Church on 20 February 1911. Later that year, the couple lived in Dundalk with James’ parents. James and Martha McDonald emigrated to Australia; their son Claude Melbourne Alexander was born in Melbourne on 27 July 1912, followed by their daughter Mary Victoria on 19 July 1914. The electoral roll of 1915 indicates that the family lived at 362 St. Kilda Road, South Melbourne; James was employed as a carpenter.

On 28 July 1915, James McDonald joined the Australian Imperial Force at Melbourne with a service number of 1687. He served in a number of local units until being transferred to the 59th Battalion 1st Reinforcements at Broadmeadows on 31 March 1916. He sailed for Suez on HMAT A-17 Port Lincoln, disembarking on 10 June 1916. He embarked from Alexandria on 2 August 1916 on the SS Franconia, disembarking at Marseilles on 8 August. He arrived in England on 21 August.

At this time, Martha and the children were returning from Australia. Having sailed from Sydney on the SS Malwa, they arrived at London on 8 September 1916 and took residence at 10 Winllan Avenue, Llandudno.

On 11 November 1916, James McDonald sailed from Folkestone to France on the SS Golden Eagle, joining the 5th Australian Division Base Depot at Étaples the following day. He joined the 60th Battalion AIF on 2 December 1916. His daughter Margaret D McDonald was born in 1917. When James made a will in June 1917, his family’s address was given as “Ty Aildro”, Hill Terrace, Llandudno. James spent two weeks on leave in UK in January 1918 and was transferred to the 59th Battalion AIF on 25 September 1918, only to receive gunshot wounds to the abdomen and left foot four days later during the Battle of St. Quentin Canal.

On 7 October 1918, James Alexander McDonald died of his wounds aged 40 at 12 Casualty Clearing Station, Tincourt. He was buried following day at Tincourt New British Cemetery; the funeral being led by the Rev H Griffiths.

Martha McDonald still lived in Llandudno in 1939 and died at Pwllheli in 1974.

 

George Jarvis McKenzie

  • 23448, Private, 14th The King’s (Liverpool Regiment)
  • Killed in action, 30 August 1917, aged 32
  • Buried at Karasouli Military Cemetery, Greece
  • CWGC registered (no family details noted)

George Jarvis McKenzie was born in Liverpool on 22 July 1885. He was the son of Andrew McKenzie, a tailor, and Jesse McKenzie (née Jarvis). Jesse McKenzie died in 1888 and in 1891 Andrew McKenzie lived at 23 Brickfield Street, Liverpool with his two sons, Frances and George, his mother-in-law, Jemima Jarvis, and her two daughters Annie and Kate. In 1901, George was working as an errand boy, resident in Llandudno at 31 Jubilee Street, the home of his aunt and uncle, James and Georgina Wilkinson. Ten years later, George still lived with his uncle and aunt in Llandudno and had been joined by his grandmother Jemima Jarvis – he was recorded as an unemployed labourer; at the same time, his father was still a tailor in Liverpool. George later worked as a carriage cleaner for the London and North Western Railway. He was admitted to the Amalgamated Society of Railway Servants on 13 October 1912 at Llandudno Junction.

A memorandum dated 20 November 1914 certified that George Jarvis McKenzie and Joseph Foulkes (qv) had been given permission by their employer, the LNWR, to enlist for active service. The following day, both joined the King’s (Liverpool Regiment) at Liverpool and were given consecutive regimental numbers: 23448 and 23449. On 1 December 1914, both were posted to the 14th (Service) Battalion which had formed at Seaforth in October 1914 as part of K3, Kitchener’s third new army. The battalion disembarked at Boulogne on 5 September 1915 only to embark at Marseilles on 28 October 1915 for the Balkans. It disembarked at Salonika on 6 November 1915. On 10 September 1916 whilst in the Balkans, George was taken ill with malaria and evacuated to hospital in Malta, reaching there on 18 November 1916. He embarked again for Salonika on 4 March 1917 but on arrival was readmitted to hospital twice for malaria, joining his unit for the last time on 17 July 1917.

George Jarvis McKenzie was killed in action on 30 August 1917 aged 32. He is presently buried at Karasouli Military Cemetery, Polykastro, Greece though he had previously been interred at Kalinova Military Cemetery in Serbia, now in modern-day Northern Macedonia, his body being transferred in 1920. He may have been transferred to Kalinova the previous year from yet another cemetery or burial place but that is presently unknown.

 

Frank Mitchell

  • Private, 531847, Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles (2/15th London Regiment) (Territorial Force)
  • Later 631891, Labour Corps
  • Died after discharge, 15 July 1921, aged 40
  • Buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery, Llandudno
  • CWGC registered (no family details noted)
  • Llandudno casualty
    • Not on the Llandudno’s Roll of Honour
    • Not on the Llandudno War Memorial
    • Not in the Memorial Chapel, of Holy Trinity Church

Frank Mitchell was born in Leamington Spa in 1880. He was the son of John Appleby Mitchell and his wife Eliza Maria Mitchell (née Dornan). The following year, the family of three lived at 44 Covent Garden; John Mitchell traded as a family grocer and bath chair man. Ten years later, the family lived at 60 Clarendon Street, Leamington Spa, John Mitchell described as a bath chair proprietor and grocer. Frank was described as a scholar and he had been joined by three siblings: Rosa, Fred and Archibald. The family must have moved to Llandudno circa 1893 because from that year, Archibald was recorded at school in the town. In 1901, the family lived at 9 East Parade Llandudno. John Mitchell was now recorded as a town porter and his wife as a lodging house keeper. Frank was described as a bath chairman; Fred was a shop assistant and Archibald was still at school.

In 1903, John Mitchell was declared bankrupt. Nevertheless, he appears to have bounced back for in 1911 he was working on his own account as an outside porter; he and his wife lived at 10 Taliesin Street, Llandudno. A schoolmaster and his family were recorded as lodgers but none of their children were registered at that address: Rosa had married in 1903 and lived in Herefordshire; records for her brothers have not yet been found. A note in a future army medical report states that Frank had previously been a postman and in 1909 had had pain in his stomach lasting for a year.

On 20 November 1914, Frank Mitchell enlisted into the Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles, a Territorial Battalion otherwise known as the 15th (County of London) Battalion of the London Regiment. Those enlisted in 1914 were largely drawn from the Civil Service. He was posted to the second-line 2/15th Battalion which had formed at Somerset House in September 1915 and which was assigned to the 179th Brigade of the 60th Division. His service number was 4404, later 531847. He was troubled from time to time with indigestion. The battalion landed at Le Havre on 23 June 1916. On 18 July 1916, he was admitted to hospital with ametropia. Two days later he was admitted to an ophthalmic hospital. He was classified “PU” (permanently unfit?) on 22 January 1917. In any event, Frank was no longer fit as a combatant and was ultimately transferred to the Labour Corps. His new service number was 631891 – a soldier with a consecutive number (892), also with eyesight problems, was transferred to the Corps on 18 August 1918. Frank Mitchell was discharged from the army in May 1919. In July 1919, he was taken ill and was diagnosed on 25 September with neurasthenia – a condition presenting mental and physical fatigue with muscle weakness which is no longer reported having been reclassified from neurology to psychology. On 29 December 1919 he was examined at Bangor Military Hospital after complaining of bad nerves and eyesight. It was noted that he had slight tremors of his eyelids and hands. He was awarded a 20% pension of eight shillings per week for a year.

Frank Mitchell died aged 40 at the Ministry of Pensions (formerly Military) Hospital Bangor on 15 July 1921 of a perforated gastric ulcer. He was buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery and because he died before 31 August 1921 and because his death was deemed partially attributable to his service, his grave is registered with the Commonwealth War Grave Commission. Though his last posting was with the Labour Corps, Frank’s headstone names his regiment as the Prince of Wales’ Own Civil Service Rifles. This is because the Labour Corps was not viewed in an heroic light. CWGC records indicate that his address was 10 Taliesin Street, Llandudno.

Frank has a standard CWGC headstone in slate at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery and is also remembered in the same location on the headstone of his parents who died in 1925 and 1927.

NOTE

Though his home was at Llandudno, Frank Mitchell died at hospital in Bangor in July 1921. He was buried at the Great Orme’s Head Cemetery and his grave is regarded as an official war grave. It is curious that he is not commemorated on the Llandudno memorials because his family first arrived in Llandudno before 1911. His death was too late to have been included on the Llandudno Roll of Honour though not too late for either the Llandudno War Memorial or the Memorial Chapel in Holy Trinity Church. Perhaps his exclusion was at the request of his family but even that would appear at odds with his later Inclusion on his parents’ headstone.

 

Thomas Nathan Kimberley Moss

  • 8470, Acting Corporal, Depot Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers
  • Formerly 2nd RWF
  • Died of wounds (gas), 30 October 1918, aged 30
  • Buried at Manchester Southern Cemetery
  • CWGC registered (Son of T and Sarah Ann Moss)

Thomas Nathan Kimberley Moss, known as Nathan, was born in Manchester in 1888. He was the son of a Canadian-born musician, Tom Moss and his wife Sarah Ann Moss (née Kimberley). He had two elder brothers: Harry Edwin G Moss and John Frederick Moss and an elder sister Elizabeth Kimberley Moss. In 1891, the family lived at Moss Side in Manchester. However, from 1879, Llandudno newspaper reports had glowed upon Tom Moss’ skill on the euphonium and the family later had a residence at 10 Pleasant Street, Craig-y-Don. Tom Moss died in 1894 and the following year, his wife travelled to Manchester to nurse her son Harry Moss, ill with pneumonia. Sadly, she was infected and died.

In 1901, Nathan Moss lived at the home of Harry at Broughton, Lancashire. In September 1904 and under-aged at 16, he joined the Royal Welsh Fusiliers, enlisting at Llandudno. The Census of 1911 records him as being with the army in India – the 2nd RWF was billeted at Quetta (now Pakistan) at the time.

Whether or not Nathan Moss was still a regular soldier or had been transferred to the Reserve by the outbreak of the Great War is unknown. In any event, he disembarked in France on 13 August 1914 with the 2nd RWF. The extent of his service on the Western Front is also unknown.

Soldiers Died in the Great War records that Nathan “died” in “home” service though an entry in the CWGC register states that he “died of wounds (gas).” From circa June 1918, Nathan was said to be suffering from melancholia. He entered a coma and 14 days later died at Nell Lane Military Hospital, West Didsbury on 30 October 1918 aged 30. His death certificate states that his address was “Belmont”, North Parade, Llandudno and that his rank was corporal. The certificate records Nathan’s age as 32 which perpetuated the discrepancy of his age when he joined up. Nathan Moss was buried in the same grave as his mother at Manchester Southern Cemetery.

Records give Nathan’s final unit as being the Depot Battalion of the RWF. This posting was for administrative purposes – the date he left the 2nd Battalion is unknown as is the date he was promoted to acting corporal.

Nathan Moss’ effects were received by his brother, the aforementioned John Frederick Moss. Sometime before 1901, John Moss had become a tobacconist at Llandudno. His address in 1911 was “Belmont”, North Parade (Nathan’s given address on his death certificate) – he still lived at Llandudno in 1939.

 

William Hiram Moss

  • 4255, Private, 10th Lancashire Fusiliers
  • Later 660414, Labour Corps
  • Died of illness, 19 June 1919, aged 34
  • Location of grave unknown
  • Not an official war grave
    • Died of a non-attributable illness after discharge

William Hiram Moss was born at Llandudno on 15 June 1885. He was the son of an engine driver, William Moss and his wife Elizabeth. In 1891, the family lived at 27 Jubilee Terrace, Llandudno. William Hiram was the youngest of five children, all of whom were at school. William attended Lloyd Street School which he left in April 1899 aged 13. In 1906, William married Mary Elizabeth Evans at Llandudno and their son William John Moss was born on 4 March 1907 and when he was baptised four months later, the family lived at 11 Alexandra Road. The Census for 1911 shows that the family had moved to South Wales and that William was a coal miner living at 50 Lewis Street, Pentre, Rhondda.

It would appear that the family moved to Lancashire for on 6 August 1914, William enlisted into the Lancashire Fusiliers at Bury and was initially posted to the 4th (Extra Reserve) Battalion with a regimental number of 4255. Within days of the declaration of war, the battalion moved to Barrow in Furness. In November 1914, William was transferred to the 10th (Service) Battalion LF. The 10th Battalion had formed in Bury in September 1914 as part of K2, Kitchener’s second new army and it disembarked at Boulogne on 15 July 1915. William received a shrapnel wound to his left side in August 1915 at Hooge near Ypres, Belgium and on 1 September 1915 was evacuated to England and admitted the following day to the Bristol Infirmary. In June 1916 he was transferred to the new 11th (Service) Battalion LF and disembarked at Boulogne on 15 July 1916.William Hiram Moss was born at Llandudno on 15 June 1885. He was the son of an engine driver, William Moss and his wife Elizabeth. In 1891, the family lived at 27 Jubilee Terrace, Llandudno. William Hiram was the youngest of five children, all of whom were at school. William attended Lloyd Street School which he left in April 1899 aged 13. In 1906, William married Mary Elizabeth Evans at Llandudno and their son William John Moss was born on 4 March 1907 and when he was baptised four months later, the family lived at 11 Alexandra Road. The Census for 1911 shows that the family had moved to South Wales and that William was a coal miner living at 50 Lewis Street, Pentre, Rhondda.

Whilst in action with his new battalion at the Somme on November 1917, William received a wound to his left eye and on 29 December 1917 he was evacuated again to England. On 30 December 1917, he was admitted to Baugour Military Hospital, Edinburgh. Unfit for active service, on 28 August 1918 William was transferred to the Labour Transfer Centre Oswestry and was admitted to Gobowen Military Hospital with chronic ulceration of the left leg. He was discharged from hospital on 7 September 1918 and on 20 September 1918 was administratively transferred to the Western Command Labour Company of the Labour Corps, his new regimental number being 660414.

William attended a medical board at Oswestry on 1 October 1918. He claimed his ulcerated left leg had started after being injured going over some barbed wire during action in France nine months previously. The medical board noted his previous injuries from which he had completely recovered and recommended his transfer to Class W of the Army Reserve. He was officially discharged on 5 October 1918. William’s army documents reveal that his wife’s address was 26 Midway Street, Longsight, Manchester and that they had a daughter Blodwen born on 3 January 1916.

William Hiram Moss died on 19 June 1919 at the Northern Hospital, Liverpool of sarcoma of the lung. His address on the death certificate was given as 118 Bridge Road, Litherland, Liverpool and that his occupation was as a corporation labourer. The informant was W Moore of the same address “causing the body to be buried.” It is not presently known in which cemetery William Moss was interred.

On 4 October 1919, Mary Elizabeth Moss married Fred Tyrrell at Manchester. Both gave their addresses as 26 Midway Street, Longsight and it at this address where a widowed Mary Tyrrell was living in 1939; she died 30 years later.

NOTE

Though William Hiram Moss appears on the usual local memorials, his death due to an illness after discharge was apparently not considered by the service authorities as being due or partially due to his army service. Because his grave is not registered with the CWGC, his place of burial is unknown though presumably it is within a Liverpool cemetery.

Comments are closed.