The ancient Church of St. Tudno on the Great Orme was the original church of Llandudno, from which the town takes its name, but in 1839 St. Tudno’s Church was damaged by a severe storm and it was decided not to repair the church but to build a new one nearer the centre of what was then the village of Llandudno. In 1840 St. George’s Church (now closed) was built in Church Walks and served the mainly Welsh-speaking population. St. Tudno’s Church was restored in 1855 and remains an active place of worship within the parish.
By 1860 Llandudno was developing as a fashionable tourist centre and The Church of the Holy Trinity was built in the new town to cater for the increasing number of visitors. The land was given by the Mostyn Estate and their architect, George Felton, designed the church. The original part of the church was completed in 1872 and consecrated in 1874. Today Holy Trinity is the Parish Church for Llandudno and in 2015 the parish celebrated the 150th anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone. Information on the celebrations can be found here.
Information on the features of Holy Trinity Church can be found here.
A detailed history of the church is given in the book Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno: A Victorian Vision by John Horsfield, available from the Mustard Seed shop.